When Emma Marks, founder of Mums Lounge, made her foray into motherhood, like many new mums, she turned to the internet for parenting information and advice. What she found there though, surprised her.
“The information was very sterile and I felt as though I was viewed differently now that I was a parent. It was almost as if my life was now expected to revolve solely around my children. I felt as though I wasn’t expected or encouraged to have any interests of my own outside of bringing up my family. I found it very frustrating. I felt like screaming “I’ve had a baby not a frontal lobotomy!”
In 2010 Emma decided to create a lifestyle website for the women of Australia that addressed this, and Mums Lounge was born. Besides providing readers with up-to-date parenting information, at Mums Lounge you’ll also be able to indulge in your other interests;
- Get your daily dose of celebrity news and gossip,
- Get inspired by our huge collection of delicious recipes,
- Find a new craft or DIY project
- Make time for your own fitness
- Find fun activities to do with your children, or find out what the Kids Lounge kids think of the latest toys and games
- Read honest product reviews
- Enter awesome giveaways
and much, much more!
Just like you, our writers have little people but they also have BIG personalities! They are honest, candid and quite often hilarious!